Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It's been a long time....

I really let this fall onto the backburner.  I never mean to but forcing myself into a schedule also never works. A good friend told me to write when I'm inspired and she was right.  I should write only when inspired because then you will get more fulfilling blog posts rather than half-assed boring drivel. However, because of the amount of time that has passed since my last update, this will probably be a little bit all over the place.  But those of you that truly know me, know that I'm already all over the place so why not have my blog post do the exact same thing? :)

So what has happened in the last few months? We have fully moved into our place, we have done a small bit of traveling to Florida to see a couple of great friends get hitched.  I even got to film the entire wedding and highlights of the reception. I do need to put that together.  Perhaps I will start that soon.

As much as I used to say I miss Florida, I decided that I don't miss Florida as much as I miss my family (and by family I also include the couple of friends that I consider to be my family). I occasionally miss my friends but I know that the distance definitely puts a damper on the connections I made and therefore, I seldom keep in touch with quite a few people.  I suppose after awhile of being the person people come to only when bored, it takes its toll and you just don't see them in the same light as you used to. There are those couple that I REALLY need to contact but that will have to wait until I get my phone back.  I'm still happy at where life has lead me thus far and I truly look forward to what my future will hold. It promises to be exciting!

Mike asked me the other day where I would like to live in the end and it surprised me when I said I want to live here. The only other state I would seriously consider is California because of family and friends living out there, and the people I enjoy watching on YouTube do lots of meet ups and go to events down there.  I think it would be fun.  Really though, I have a few other places I want to explore around Seattle but so far, from the places I've been, I really would love to settle down in Tumwater.  It's not only beautiful but from what I've researched, one of the more affordable places in Washington to live.  Maybe one day...

I miss my dad.  He moved to the Philippines a couple of weeks ago to retire.  Makes things really tough because now I know when I visit Florida, he won't be there. My dad and I get along so well and I hate the idea of going there and not seeing him.  As it is, it's pricey enough to travel to and from Florida but now to add a whole new location to the list? It's so overwhelming.  I know that Mike will do anything in his power to help me to see him. I'm grateful for Skype and its ability to let me physically see my father even if we aren't in the same country anymore.

Last thing I want to mention for right now is that I'm SUPER excited about going to Mt. Rainier for my birthday/anniversary August 3-5. We are staying at the Alta Crystal Resort in the honeymoon cabin which is simply amazing.  I cannot wait at all for this trip! July better fly on by!

Anyway, that is all for now.  Love you all.





No comments:

Post a Comment