Friday, February 1, 2013

It's Friday, Friday...

Hi! Yes, I know, I haven't posted in awhile.  I do apologize. I suppose it's something that I should have expected as I have never actually been able to keep up any journal or diary I ever had. The fact that I decided to post now is amazing in itself!

Quite a bit has happened since I was last on here.  I suppose I will start with last Saturday.  We all (and by we all I mean Casey, Jenn, Mike and myself) trekked out to Bothell for Brandon's birthday party.  Lots of fun was had by all! It was a pot luck style party so I brought over some mini cup cakes.  They were consumed really quickly so I was happy for that! After dinner, we played some Cards Against Humanity.  If you've played Apples to Apples, then you'll pick up on this because it's the exact same game play.  However, the topics on the cards are for horrible people.  Seriously... the tag line is "A Game for Horrible People." I definitely don't advise playing amongst children or anyone who is overly sheltered because they may get either offended or just not understand the game. We all enjoy it though!

Sunday we didn't do a whole lot.  Talked to Mike's parents on Google Hangout which is a lot like Skype only you can talk to multiple people at once.  We have a pretty nice time too.  We all get on our iPads and play games such as Ticket to RideAscensionCarcassonne and Penny Arcade. We always enjoy our time on it and it kind of makes us feel like we are actually with the family when we can play games together virtually.

The week wasn't all too exciting.  Monday-Thursday was spent catching up on the TV shows I missed throughout the previous week.  I always enjoy catch up time as we don't have cable so I rely on the iPad apps for the channels. We are almost at a year now without cable and I can honestly say that I don't really miss it.  With the exception of a few shows that don't play online (and for those we just buy the season pass on Amazon and watch them as they air), I really haven't missed it much. The time I used to spend watching TV is now spent being more productive.  I either read, or take care of my apartment, catch up with friends etc.

So this brings us up to Friday.  Today, I made an appointment with Nick at Rollin Street Flats to look at the unit we are interested in.  With all that we need for it, the rent comes out to only $20 or so more than we pay at our current place, but for almost 200 square feet more.  Just thinking about the place makes me SOOOO excited to move! And I hate moving! But because we live so close to it, We will be doing it ourselves for the most part... Packing a few boxes, taking them over, unpacking them, bringing the boxes back and repeating until all the small stuff is moved.  Then, we will hire actual movers for the large pieces of furniture.  Lots of cool things in store for the future! I hope you're as ready for the ride as I am!



The Seattle Great Wheel lit up red for Heart Cancer awareness.


            
View of the Denny Way Hill and Seattle Times from Greg and Jill's apartment balcony.  We will more than likely share a similar view only way lower to the ground so you may only see a portion of the hill in fact.



Last Saturday afternoon we went to LunchBox Laboratory where Mike ordered this burger called The Burger of the Gods.  It was GIGANTIC! I ordered a sandwich called the Churken (Chicken and Turkey) which was not as big but definitely tasted EXCELLENT.



Some of the awesome decor at LunchBox Laboratory!



Caught MeMe being all inappropriate!!! Look at that look she's giving me!



If you follow me on Facebook, you probably saw this photo.  Rosie took over Mike's desk!



MeMe and I watched The Bachelor together!

Talk to you guys later!!! Enjoy your weekend! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment